Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day - Surprise Inside Birthday Card

I created this card in Design Studio.  I wanted to create a card that when you opened it there was an unexpected surprise inside and I think I did with this card.  The card is a 6 x 6 square card that opens in the middle.  I only used Birthday Cakes Cricut cartridge.  I used the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder on the ribbon of the present and went over the dots with a white gel pen and did some faux stitching around the green edges of the presentI used a Happy Birthday stamp from My Craft Spot stamp set.  Last I added some buttons to 2 opposite corners. 

Here's the surprise on the inside flap...a cute little pink monkey that is stamped with Love You, also from My Craft Spot.  Again I used the Cuttlebug and embossed the face and belly of the monkey with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I adhered some tiny google eyes to the monkey and some dots done with a white gel pen.
On the inside I cut out the Happy Birthday phrase, adhered all the layers and added some dots with the white gel pen.  I also did some faux stitching around the middle panel just to make it stand out a bit more. 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you liked my little surprise inside card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!