Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Owl Easel card

I'm sharing today a card I made for my mother-in-law.  She is a HUGE fan of owls and I wanted to make her a card for Halloween, especially this year because it is the 1st Halloween since her husband passed away.  I really just wanted to let her know that we are thinking of her, even on a silly day such as Halloween. 

I am also entering this card in a couple of challenges:

I used these items to created this card:
  • Design Studio
  • Create-a-Critter Cricut cartridge
  • Cuttlebug
  • Swiss dots embossing folder - used on the outer layer of the owl
  • Script texture embossing folder - used on the tree limb
  • Stickles - black and purple on the owl
  • Circle stencil - used to hand cut out the moon
  • E-Z Rub On - for the bats on the moon
  • Black, orange, 2 types of purple, white cardstock
  • Pattern Paper - from Recollections Midnight Magic

The inside I used these items:
  • white cardstock
  • black brads
  • Martha Stewart corner punch
  • misc. Halloween stamps
Thank you so much for looking!

13 comments:

  1. This is just so BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for playing at MAG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Carol, I LOVE this!! :) That owl is my FAVORITE one from any cart!! I love the embossing and I love how you added the SPARKLE!! :) WONDERFUL!!

    Thanks so much for joining the "Embossable You" Challenge at Love To Crop!! So glad to have you play along!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, thanks for playing with MAG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is perfect for the challenges, very nicely done, thanks for joining Mag and CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol, thank you for stopping by:) LOVE LOVE this card with the adorable owl, love the paper with the bats and how you added the bats on the moon very pretty:) TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job. Love the easel card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at MAG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!!! That is an awesome card. I love the way you embossed the owl and added stickles! Great job! I'm sure your Mother In Law will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your card turned out. Great idea to make a full moon with little bats flying by
    Thank you for playing at MAG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card and love the color choice. Thanks for joining us at MAG. Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you sparkling, purple owl! GREAT card! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis
    pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so spooky and fabulous, Carol!! I love the colors - the orange beek and feet really pop against the purple and black! I love that owl cut and all the sparkle you added! So awesome!! Thank you for linking up with the Love to Crop Embossable You Challenge!

    Lisa
    Love to Crop Guest Designer
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That owl is adorable. I just love how she shines. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!