Saturday, October 8, 2011

HDH #109 - Inner Workings

I created this 3D coffin to enter into the challenge over at Haunted Design House - HDH #109 Macabre Monday - Inner Workings.  The challenge was to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece that either is quite literal (clock works or guts) or just simply decorate the inside of your project as well as the outside.  I personally will NEVER be buried out of my fear of bugs...I HATE ALL THINGS CREEPY CRAWLY!!! 

Here's a look at what's inside:


The "inside" of my coffin represents the "inner-workings" of the coffin and what happens to the body after a long period of time.

Here's a close up...I just love that little skeleton!


I used these items to create this 3D coffin:
  • Design Studio
  • Life's a Party Cricut cartridge - 3D coffin (measuring 7 1/2 inches in length) and the inside of card feature
  • Indie Art Cricut cartridge - for the cross on the top of the coffin
  • plastic skeleton from a Halloween garland
  • Red fabric from an old costume and polyfil for the bed of the coffin
  • Martha Stewart crushed red flock for the inside, top of coffin and red craft paint
Thanks for looking!  I hope you enjoyed my little project!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool coffin! Love the idea of the padding and flock inside. this looks like a cart I'm gonna have to investigate (crap, there are just too many, don'tcha think?) Anyway, FAB job and thanks for joining the Minions this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous coffin action Carol!
    Thanks for playing along this week at HDH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo, this is so spooky and fabulous, Carol! I love the touch of the red fabric cushion!! What a great Halloween project!

    I'm home now, a little exhausted, but working on getting all caught up after a two week vacation out West! Hope you are doing well and thank you so much for stopping by my blog while I was gone :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything has its value. Thanks for sharing this informative information with us. GOOD works! HDH Sterbegeld

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!