Sunday, March 17, 2013
I am super uber excited to bring to you my Decaying Zombie Head. I have been thinking about this all week long and I am so glad I did it.
This all started with your traditional styrofoam wig head, which I actually had on hand because it was holding and still is holding my wig. I got the wig and wig head months ago when I was getting treated for breast cancer from The American Cancer Society for FREE. Now that I am done with my chemotherapy and my hair is growing back I am using my wig less often. BTW...I AM CANCER FREE!!! I got the news this past Thursday, but I still have 6 weeks of radiation which I start this week.
Anyhow back to my decaying zombie head. I looked all over the internet for techniques and just decided to do what I felt was capable of doing. I cut off and carved out the nose, then the eyes, then chopped off the chin and lower jaw, and then began just carving out wounds and such all over the face. Then I applied some batting with some spray adhesive. After letting that dry for a while I hot glued the teeth (which I had from last years zombie make-up kit) into the mouth. Now it was time to give this zombie some color. I spray painted the entire head with gray spray paint (which I also had on hand from making tombstones years ago). I then applied brown, red, black and light blue craft paint. I had a bit of trouble with what to do with the eyes, nothing seemed to work and I still am not totally thrilled with it but for the most part I am happy with everything else. I then had to add some blood, fake blood from my Halloween stash. I finally added the wig to finish it off. I love the way she turned out and plan to do more, many more!
Here is a couple of side views:
I will be entering my Decaying Zombie Head in the Haunted Design House Challenge #162 - Drop Dead Gorgeous
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my Decaying Zombie Head, I hope you liked her.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Last month one of my nieces had an emergency C-section and gave birth to a baby boy 11 weeks early. Baby is currantly still in the NICU but progressing very well and Mom is recovering very well also. I knew about 2 months ago or so that the baby's bedding was going to be camouflage so I knew that when the time came I was going to use that for whatever creation I was going to make. Since the baby came early I have only been able to make a card and this is it. I totally love the way it turned out and can't wait to get involved in more baby projects using the camouflage. This is only the beginning.
Here you can see where I welded the onesie together in the Design Studio:
Here is just a close up of the inside where I did some faux stitching and stamped my sentiment:
I used these items to create my Camouflage Onesie Shape card:
- Design Studio - to weld the onesie together
- New Arrival Cricut cartridge - onesie
- Pooh Font Cricut cartridge - "100 % Boy"
- My Craft Spot Clear Stamps - In and Out - Set #2 - the inside sentiment
- Baby wooden stamp - on the inside
- green gel pen - faux stitching - on the inside
- Red Carpet Studio Challenge #27 - Leprechaun - create a card using 2 shades of green!
- Paper Playtime Challenge #5 - Anything Goes
- My Craft Spot - Monday Challenge #90 - Sweet Baby
- DL ART - Thankful Thursday - March Linky Party - Anything Goes
- More than Favors - Wacky Wednesday #82 Something Green
Friday, March 15, 2013
Today I give you my Rainbow Birthday card. A friend of mine's daughter is turning 2 this weekend and she had requested that I do a card for her like I had done for her son when he was born (SEEN HERE). Also she wanted me to incorporate her daughter's new toddler bedding SEEN HERE! I think I captured what she wanted...I am so happy with the way it turned out. What do you think?
Here you can see the dimension:
Here is the inside:
I used these items to create this Rainbow Birthday card:
- Create a Critter 2 Cricut cartridge - rainbow and clouds
- Celebrations Cricut cartridge - orange flower
- Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge - pink flower
- Pooh Font Cricut cartridge - Rosannah and 2 (on inside)
- teal blue pen - faux stitching on pink flower
- Stickles - clouds
- buttons - on flowers
- Recollections foam squares
- My Craft Spot - Clear Stamps - sentiment on the inside of card
I am entering my Rainbow Birthday card in the following challenges and linky party:
- Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday - Birthday Challenge
- The Corrosive Challenge #169 - All that Glitters
- Paper Playtime - Challenge #5 - Anything Goes
- Celebrate the Occasion - Challenge #103 - Spring is in the Air
- My Creative Time - Designer Challenge - Spring Related
- Whimsical Designs - Think Spring with a twist (add pink and/or yellow)
- DL ART - Thankful Thursday - March Linky Party
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Yes you read it right, I am officially CANCER FREE!!! I was diagnosed with Stage 2a breast cancer June 29, 2012. August 7, 2012 I had a lumpectomy, which they also took 2 lymphnodes that turned out to be positive. 2 weeks later I had 8 more lymphnodes removed, which turned out to be negative (thank God). September 17, 2012 I began chemotherapy. I finished my chemo February 21, 2013. Next week I begin radiation, which will be 5 days a week for 6 weeks.
When they talk about this being a journey they are absolutely right. I only gave you a modified version of my journey. When I get more time I will give you the full story but today I just wanted to share my GREAT NEWS!!!
I'M CANCER FREE!!!
Friday, March 1, 2013
So my oldest daughter is turning 11 next week and the theme for her party is from the Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn part 1, plus she loves Taylor Lautner aka Jacob Black. And just a couple of weeks ago she handed out Twilight - Eclipse Valentines in school. I purposely bought 2 packages @ .99 each from Party City because I knew there wouldn't be enough boy appropriate valentines in 1 package, plus it came with stickers that I knew I would be able to use for other projects. That brings us here to my card.
I used these items (all on hand) to create my HOWL Happy Birthday card:
- A Frightful Affair Cricut cartridge - HOWL
- Fabulous Finds Cricut cartridge - heart luggage tag
- DCWV Immortal Love - paper
- Black and red cardstock
- Repurposed unused extra Valentine - Taylor Lautner aka Jacob Black
- Jacob heart stickers - on heart luggage tag and on the inside of card
- Red stickle - claw marks in the HOWL
- Glossy Accents - HOWL
- My Craft Spot clear stamps - Inside & Out - set 2 - Happy Birthday (front) and sentinment (inside)
- Black ink
- Black brad - heart luggage tag
- Pop dots - under Jacob, HOWL and heart luggage tag
Here is the inside:
I am entering my HOWL Happy Birthday card in the following challenges:
- Paper Playtime - Challenge #4 - Sentiment Stamps
- My Craft Spot - Monday Challenge #88 - Pop it Up
- Papercraft Star - Challenge #134 - Happy Birthday
- Shopping Our Stash - Challenge #91- Tag it - create a tag or use one on your project