Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Tooth Fairy - Macabre Monday HDH 134 - Long in the Tooth

Let me present to you the very elusive Tooth Fairy.  Unfortunately when I found her she had already been dead for quite some time.

In her day, this tooth fairy probably stood approximately 6 inches tall.  You can see her long hair had turned grey and she is still wearing a very pretty black hat and tutu type skirt.  Her shirt must have disintegrated along with her flesh.  You can she her wings are very wrinkled, curling and cracking from the many years of decay.  Now just her bones and the human teeth she collected remain.


You can actually see a close up of the human teeth!!!


Now this no longer living Tooth Fairy shall be placed among the other interesting findings in my Appalling Apothecary (you never know when you might need a Tooth Fairy wing or a human tooth collected by a Tooth Fairy).



Now for the truth: 

I created this tooth fairy.  I used a plastic skeleton from my Halloween decorations.  I clipped some hair from a wig I have and glued it on to the skeleton.  I created a little hat from some tulle and a pom pom.  I also used that same tulle to create her tutu.  I hand drew, cut, and embossed her wings and attached them to her back.  The little bag of teeth are actually my oldest daughter's teeth, 8 of them.  I tied off the bag with some jute twine.  And there you have it...a Tooth Fairy!!!

I am entering my Tooth Fairy in the challenge over at Haunted Design House - Macabre Monday HDH 134 - Long in the Tooth.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Tooth Fairy!

10 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Fantastic creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK!!! I have been brainstorming about what to do with my son's baby teeth,, and this is brilliant!!!
    Alternate story: The spray paint companies buy the baby teeth from the Tooth Fairy who then puts them in the spray cans to mix up the paint!
    Thank you for inspiring me this week! And for playing along with out toothy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is freaking brilliant. Amazing creation, you truly are a crazy brilliant person haha. Love it!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House again this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol this is so original. Love the Tooth fairy and her little hoard. A fab way to preserve and display your DD's teeth. I had a flashback to Terry Pratchett here, lol. Thank you for sharing this at Haunted Design House this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, what a great piece, loads of imagination gone into this and what a great little back story

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!!! I love how it's captured in time, reminds me of catching fireflies when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FAB!!!! I love everything about it! from the skeleton to your daughters baby teeth. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha= FABULOUS !! This is such an original creation and I love the whole idea. Thank you for sharing with us at Haunted Design House :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Carol! Brilliant! This is the most fabulous EVEH! I'm hyperventilating over this imaginative display. Thanks so much for joining us at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Carol, this is creepily fabulous!! I certainly wasn't expecting it, but it's simply brilliant -- All the thought you put into this... WOW...

    Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today!! :) I appreciate your kind words...

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!