I am proud to bring to you a little Christmas in July. I had scrapbookers block with this layout. I had difficulty choosing papers, titles and who knows what else BUT I am so pleased that once I got my creative juices flowing I was able to make some good choices and get it done.
I have to give you the story behind the photos. Every year since my youngest daughter was born 9 weeks premature we have been invited to Christmas, Easter and Halloween events just for the NICU babies at the hospital where she was born. In December 2010 was our 1st Christmas event and we quickly found out that my youngest daughter does not like Santa Claus. As soon as we put her down on his lap she began to cry, we began to laugh, we encouraged our oldest daughter to hold her sisters hand to comfort her and as you can see in the last photo it worked. To this day we still do not have a picture of her smiling on Santa's lap and she will be 5 this November.
I used these items to create my layout:
- Christmas Cheer Cricut cartridge - part of the title "Christmas"
- Calligraphy Collection Cricut cartridge - part of the title " A Story"
- Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge - Rudolph and Santa
- Simply Charmed Cricut cartridge - peppermint candies
- Pattern Paper from Recollections Bright and Joy Paper Pad
- Better Not Pout embellishment from Recollections Bright and Joy Paper Pad
- Red corners and star from DCWV The Christmas Speciality sitcker stack
- Red, green and iridescent stickles
- Glossy Accents - Rudolph's nose
- Google eyes
- Foam squares
I am entering this layout in the following challenges and linky parties:
- Little Scrap Pieces - Linky Party
- Craft Your Passion Challenge #223 - Christmas in July
- Die Cuttin Divas Challenge #175 - Christmas in July
- Paper Take Weekly - Its a Jolly Holiday
- DL ART - Thankful Thursday - July Linky
- My Sheri Crafts Challenge #138 - Christmas with lots of Layers
- The Corrosive Challenge #204 - Christmas in July
- Craftin Desert Divas - Linky Party #36 - Christmas in July
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my A Christmas Story layout.