We took apart a pine cone and glued all of the pieces to the base and spray painted it gold. While we waited for it to dry, my husband shaped pipe cleaners, some into the back tail feathers and the others into feet for the turkey. I cut out the hat and the blurb on my Cricut. I stamped the blurb with a Happy Thanksgiving stamp and attached some shiny leaves to the blurb. I also used a gold pen to doodle on the hat and color in the band around the hat. Once the body was dry we attached the tail and legs, hat, google eye, eye lash (left over from Halloween), fancy fur yarn, and Kaitlyn drew the details on the face of the Turkey. Done! I think it turned out so cute.
Here's a close up of the face and blurb:
This is Kaitlyn with her turkey at school:
I hope you enjoyed viewing our little family Thanksgiving project and have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!