A new Thanksgiving traditional was started this year. I wanted to do this last year but never got around to doing it but with the help of my 9 year old daughter Kaitlyn we finally did it! I read somewhere about this project years ago and this is our "Give Thanks Basket." Basically the basket is where you keep strips of whatever color paper you'd like (I choose red, green and white) and throughout the year you write on a strip of paper something you are thankful for. Then next Thanksgiving you bring out the basket and read what your family has written on them throughout the year. Lastly, you make a chain-link garland out of the written on strips of paper and use for your Christmas decorations on your tree or wherever you'd like.
I used these items to create my Give Thanks Basket (ALL of these items I had in my stash):
- basket (just one I had at my house)
- leaves (from a Fall garland that had fallen off) - hot glued to the outside of the basket
- wooden dowels - for the sign
- jute packaging twine - for the sign
- Create-a-Critter Cricut cartridge - for the turkey
- Sesame Street Seasons Cricut cartridge - for the leaves
- Storybook Cricut cartridge - for the font
- Studio G glitter glue
I am entering this project in the following challenges:
- Craft Your Passion Challenge #85 - Sponsored by Doodle Pantry - challenge this week is a photo inspiration, whether it be the colors, pumpkins, leaves, etc.
- Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #87 - Create a card or project with the words “Thank you” (or “Thanks”) on it
- Getting Cricky - Simply Sunday Challenge Give Thanks - create a project reflecting something you are thankful for: family, friends, pets, crafting... It is open to your interpretation of something you are thankful for!
- Paper Cutz Challenge #117 - make a card, LO or craft project for Thanksgiving, using a stamped, digital stamp or Cricut cut image of a turkey!
- Crop Stop Challenge #47 - Be Thankful - create a thank you card, thankful LO, or a thankful project
- Use It Tuesday Challenge #20 Giving Thanks - make a project that has to do with Giving Thanks
- The Cuttlebug Spot - Gobble Gobble Turkey Challenge - Your entry must have a Turkey
Here is our Give Thanks Basket during our Thanksgiving dinner:
Thanks for stopping by and viewing my Give Thanks Basket. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and now let's bring on Christmas!!!