Thursday, November 10, 2011

Elmo Altered Composition Book

My youngest daughter is turning 2 this month and as one of her gifts I made was an altered composition book.  I plan on using this book to teach her her letters and numbers.  Jaidyn absolutely loves Elmo, her party is going to be Elmo, and I already know she will be getting lots of Elmo gifts.  I had the idea for this composition book months ago and have now had the opportunity to make it.

I am also going to be entering this in these challenges:
  • Fantabulous Cricut - Challenge Me Monday #85 - Book Lover - Create a project that has something to do with a book. You can make your own book, include the image of a book on your project, design a bookmark, etc.
  • Shopping Our Stash Challenge #25 - stickers, rub-ons, and chipboard - sort thru your stash and dig out those forgotten stickers, rub-ons, and chipboard!  Use any one or more on your project!
  • Throwback Thursday Challenge - Kid Friendly -*** This challenge is to use a "Kid Friendly" cartridge, such as any "Disney", "Create a Critter", "Nursery Tales", "A Child's Year" etc.......
I used these items to create this altered composition book:
  • Composition book that I've had since July
  • Design Studio
  • Cricut cartridge Sesame Street and Friends - for the Elmo
  • Cricut cartridge George and Basic Shapes -  for the yellow border
  •  Martha Stewart flocking powder - that I've had since Michael's clearanced them out 
  • Elmo stickers that I bought months ago knowing that I was having an Elmo party for my daughter
  • Recollections pattern paper (Bright Lights Big City) that I bought months ago for the purpose of making Elmo invitations, scrapbook pages and whatever else I could think of
Here's an up close look at that adorable little guy we call Elmo:

It's hard to see the flocking but it really does make a HUGE difference than just using paper!  I put the #2 on the book that Elmo is reading because Jaidyn is turning 2!

I hope you enjoyed my Elmo Altered Composition Book and I plan to bring you more Elmo in the very near future!

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea! So fun and educational too! Nice job :)

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you daughter will love learning with you and what a great keepsake for when she grows up. Thanks for joining us for Challenge me Monday at FCCB. - Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling idea! A great way to keep her interest also when learning the numbers and letters. So cute!
    Thanks for joining the Challenge me Monday over at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwh! I LOVE ELMO!!! TOTALLY reminds me of my Baby Aaron when he was a baby!!! GREAT job my sweet friend!
    Big Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Who doesn't like Elmo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome notebook. That paper with Elmo is too cute. Love it.

    Thanks for linking-up at FCCB!

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This notebook is AWESOME!!!! Absolutely FLAWLESS! In fact cuter than what you could buy by far! Terrific job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute!! And such a great idea. Thanks for joining FCCB.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, your daughter will LOVE this! So cute, bright, and cheery! I love the Elmo cut; it makes me wish my son was that age again. Thanks for playing along with My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love Elmo. What a cute project! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet - and what a fun way for your daughter to learn her letters and numbers!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!