Friday, January 18, 2013

Zombie Walk 2012 Layout


I am super excited to share with you today my 2 page Zombie Walk 2012 layout. I've been wanting to create this layout ever since the Zombie Walk in October.

This was the 1st year we were able to participate and I wasn't gonna let anything get in my way. The week before I had received my 2nd round of chemo to treat my breast cancer. When I had my labs drawn the next week, the week of the Zombie Walk, it was determined I was neutropenic. Which basically means all of my blood counts were extremely low or zero and that made me very susceptible to infection. So I was ordered to receive neupogen shots over the next 5 days, the last day being the night of the Zombie Walk. Plus, the doctor did want me to get a blood transfusion but I refused for personally reasons.

So the day of the Zombie Walk my husband and I were frantically trying to finish my daughter's Sam costume and I was taking my daughters across town to The Railroad Park to attend the NICU Halloween event for preemie graduates, which my youngest daughter is.  We had a really nice time. I ran into a co-worker and the family that my daughter shared a room with in the NICU. The girls got their faces painted, road the merry-go-round and the train.  Then it was rush, rush, rush home, drop the kids off and then get my last neupogen shot. Plus during all of this I was trying to find a hospital gown to wear to the Zombie Walk.  Thankfully for my nurse at the hospital, she gave me one!  Then it was a rush to get home again, still trying to finish my daughter's Sam costume and get myself and youngest daughter ready for the Zombie Walk.

We ended up just a little late and missed the beginning of the walk but joined right in. I finally felt like I belonged somewhere. Everyone was dressed in their best zombie attire. My costume consisted of a brain cap (to wear over my bald head), hospital gown, some blood splatter, and I carried around my victim (Zombie Baby). I created my Zombie Baby for the Blogger Virtual Zombie Walk 2012  (please check it out). My husband was a nerd zombie that had a pencil sticking out of his head. My oldest daughter was Sam (yes we finished it) from the movie "Trick r' Treat." You can see all of the details about Sam HERE. And my youngest was Scooby Doo.  I had the absolute best time and will never miss another Zombie Walk.

Page 1
 
Check out a close up of the brain...I am so pleased with the way it turned out!!!
 
 
 
Page 2
 
 
And all together

I used these items to create my layout:
  • Design Studio
  • Happy Hauntings Cricut cartridge - "Zombie Walk 2012" title, the graves and grass
  • October 31st Cricut cartridge - the hand in the title
  • George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge - moon
  • Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut cartridge - city
  • A Frightful Affair Cricut cartridge - the zombies and hands
  • Mini Monsters Cricut cartridge - lamp post
  • Martha Stewart Dripping Goo edge punch - blood dripping
  • Glossy Accent - on blood and shoes of business attire zombie
  • star brads
  • plastic folder divider - glass part of the lamp post
  • eyelets - lamp post sign
  • ribbon - lamp post sign
  • brown, black and white ink
  • red craft paint - on blood splattered zombie and brain
  • Brain - created by Creepy Glowbugg - I just altered it a little by adding some watered down red craft paint (it was originally gray) and glossy accent to really make it shine!
I am entering my layout in the following challenges:
I am so happy that you've taken the time to check out my Zombie Walk 2012 layout, I hope you liked it. This year I hope to be able to spend more time scrapbooking and putting together the memories that have been created over the years, especially with my girls!

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome scrapbook layout, Carol! I love the die cuts and the custom brain cabochon! Great photos of the happy family, too! The family that shambles together, stays (dead) together.
    So good to have you joining us at HDH for the first challenge of 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Carol! This is beyond fabulous! Still taking in every gruesome detail and your costumes ROCK! Thanks so much for joining us at HDH for our first challenge of 2013. Looks like such a cool time. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very unique great layout!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looked like so much fun, I wish we did halloween like that over here, we suck at it. the costumes are great fun and a really cool couple of pages for your journal.
    Hope the whole chemo thing is going well. x
    thanks for joining us at hdh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very cool. Thanks for sharing wih us at Haunted Design House this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!