Monday, January 14, 2013

My 1st Shaker Card


Yes, you read it right, this is my very 1st shaker card.  I have been wanting to try one of these for a very long time and now I have. I did make some mistakes along the way but I learned from them and I feel very confident that I won't make those same mistakes again.


I used these items to create my shaker card:
  • Design Studio
  • Joys of the Season Cricut cartridge - snow globe (can't remember the last time I used this cartridge)
  • Create a Critter - penguin (can't remember the last time I used this cartridge either)
  • stickles
  • glitter (have had for many years)
  • Close to my Heart clear stamp sentiment - S110 Holiday Magic (never used before)
  • ribbon (had since last year)
  • iridescent snowflakes (have had for many years)
  • Clear Craft Plastic (had since last year)
Here is a view of the bottom and inside of the card:


I am entering my shaker card in the following challenges:
I think I did pretty good for my very 1st shaker card (toot toot my horn). Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my Penguin Snow Globe Shaker card.

15 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! Love the shaker! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE! You did a FABULOUS job on your first shaker...I think you have several in your future! Thanks for playing along at Holly Jolly this week! Please be sure to join us for our next challenge, too!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I think it turned out great and I love the penguin in the snowglobe! Thanks so much for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love shaker cards, they are just so fun! Thanks for playing with us at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep tooting! You did a great job. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!!! I've never made a shaker card myself, but I think they are great. Your's if fabulous!! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super card! Fabulous job on your first shaker card! The penguin is so cute too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card and my granddaughter would love it since penquins are her favorite. Thanks for entering at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! One of these days I need to make a shaker card. Love the penguin! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Exploring Cricut this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shaker card is AWESOME!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay you combine two of my favorite thing penguins and snow globes! Extraordinary! Thanks so much for joining the "winter Blues" lsp challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, you did such a fabulous job on your first shaker! It's gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for joining the "Winter Blues" little Scrap pieces challenge this week.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a pretty shaker card. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so neat. Love that it is a shaker and a globe. Thanks for joing the LSP challenge and
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is super adorable Carol!! How are you doing? ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!