Sunday, September 4, 2011

Here Lies the Bride - HDH104-I Was Framed

It's been a while since I created an altered frame but I was inspired by the lastest Macabre Monday Challenge - HDH104 I Was Framed  over at Haunted Design House.  The challenge was to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece that uses or includes a frame somewhere in the creation.  Well, I decided to do an altered frame.  During Halloween time I display past pictures of my family all dressed up in their costumes and I hadn't done one yet for this picture so this was the perfect time for me to do it.  The picture is of my Mom dressed as Frankenstein's Bride.  This picture was taken during a Halloween party my brother threw in 2004. 

I created the altered frame using these items:
  •  $1.00 wooden frame from Michael's
  • 2 different colors of gray cardstock
  • craft paint
  • Halloween moss
  • plastic spiders
I used these Cricut cartridges:
  • Life's a Party for the gravestone
  • Beyond Birthdays for the opening of the frame
  • Plantin SchoolBook for the lettering
  • Storybook for the swirls on the gravestone

I created the gravestone cuts in the Design Studio.  I cut the letters at 1/2 and the swirls at 3/4.   I adhered everything onto the frame and then applied the paint.  Lastly, I used a hot glue gun to attach the moss and spiders.

Of course another fun and exciting project, and I can't wait for more!!!

3 comments:

  1. WooHoo, Carole! Love, love, LOVE this! Fabulous Cricut work and that moss is a fantastic addition. It really looks like stone! What a cool pic, too! Thanks so much for joining the Minions at HDH this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely wonderful! Really fabulous project, I'm so glad you decided to play along with HDH this week and share this creation :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on this one, looks superb and very funny. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!