I am super excited to share with you my Mother's Day 3-D Tea Cup and Tea Cup Card. I made these for my mom for Mother's Day. My mom loves strawberries and her kitchen is packed with strawberry décor. Recently my mom had decided to stop drinking coffee and start drinking tea, so I decided that would be my theme for Mother's Day for her. I already this fantastic paper from the Martha Stewart essentials paper pad that I knew would be perfect. Since I had a great experience when using the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 Cricut cartridge I decided to try to make the 3-D tea cup...it was super easy.
I cut the 3-D tea cup from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 Cricut cartridge using the fit to page feature on my Cricut Expression. I cut the entire cup from one 12 x 12 sheet of thick double sided paper. I lined the edge of the cup and saucer with a silver paint marker. Then adhered them all together. I think it turned out so cute!
I was able to fit 8 individual tea bags in the cup
Then I decided to make a coordinating card and envelop to go along with the tea cup. I cut and adhered the envelop for the doily card out from the Wild Card Cricut cartridge, again using the fit to page feature. The size ended up being 5 inches so I now knew that I needed to cut the card at 5 inches, too. I cut the liner out at 4 1/4 and also used the inside of that liner, flipped it, embossed it and adhered everything to the front of the card. I then went back to the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 Cricut cartridge and cut the tag feature out for the tea cup (can't remember size). I then stamped the front of the of the tea cup with "mom." I lined the edge of the tea cup with the silver paint marker. Then I adhered the tea cup to the front of the card with foam squares. I then cut a circle out for the inside, adhered it and just stamped it with "Happy Mother's Day." Lastly, I tied a green ribbon (from my stash) around the top of the card and done!
I used these items to create my Mother's Day 3-D Tea Cup and Tea Cup Card:
- Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 Cricut cartridge - 3-D tea cup and tea cup on card
- Wild Card Cricut cartridge - card and envelop
- Martha Stewart essentials paper pad - 1st time I used it and I've had it for years
- Silver paint marker
- Swiss Dots embossing folder - card
- My Craft Spot clear stamp set "Jar Full of Flowers" - sentiment
- green ribbon (from my stash)
- DL ART - Thankful Thursday Challenge #155 - Mother's Day
- Little Scrap Pieces - Show it off Linky Party
- Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #250 - Celebrate Mom + DT Call
- Craftin Desert Divas - Craft it up Link it up - Mother's Day
- BBTB2 - Mother's Day Challenge
- (Pin)spirational Challenge #139
- Decorate to Celebrate Challenge #99 - Anything Goes
- Stuck on U Sketches - Die Cut Challenge - Mothers
- CardzTV - 3-D Designers Challenge #8 - 3-D Mother's Day card