Monday, May 25, 2015

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #252 - Follow the Sketch

 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!



Challenge #252-Follow the Sketch

This Weeks Sponsor


Bugaboo Stamps




The prize is 7 digital stamps!

Create a project inspired by the sketch below-

For inspiration see:  http://retrosketches.blogspot.ca/2012/07/retrosketches-22.html

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.
 
This is my 1st post as a Design Team Member for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog.
I am super excited to share with you my creation using the provided sketch.
 
 
I used the provided sketch to create a birthday card for my best friend. She recently adopted a couple of Chihuahuas. I personally have 2 Chihuahuas myself and even talked my mom into adopting a Chihuahua last year. So my best friends Chihuahuas all have the same black and tan coloring so I designed this little Chihuahua to look like the ones she has. I know she will love this card when I send it out to her for her birthday.
 
I made a modification to the Chihuahua cut from the Cricut Lite cartridge Four Legged Friends...I cut off the heart and replaced it with a party blow-out from the Celebrations Cricut cartridge and added a party hat from the same cartridge. I also used black brads for the eyes instead of the ones from the cut. I then cut out the tag from the Cricut Lite cartridge Four Legged Friends and stamped it with "Party Animal" from the CardzTV clear stamps set "Good Times." Lastly, I applied red glitter glue from Studio G to the tag, hat and collar.
 
 
 
So before assembling the card I decided to emboss the Kraft cardstock with Fiskars texture plate PAWS and I just love the way it looks. I finished it off with a paw clear stamp (I believe from Studio G) going up the edge. Then I just assembled the card like the sketch but I did put some foam mounts from Stampin' Up behind the tag and the Chihuahua.
 

The inside of the card I kept very simple. I added a strip of the same dog bone paper from the front to the inside and stamped it with "Happy Birthday to You!" also from the CardzTV clear stamps set "Good Times."
 
 
 
I used these items to create my card:
  • Cricut Lite cartridge Four Legged Friends - Chihuahua and tag
  • Celebrations Cricut cartridge - party hat and party blow-out
  • Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge - Kraft cardstock
  • Fiskars texture plate PAWS - Kraft cardstock
  • paw clear stamp - Kraft cardstock
  • black eyelet - tag
  • black brads - eyes
  • CardzTV clear stamps set "Good Times." - outside and inside sentiments
  • Studio G red glitter glue - on tag, party hat and party blow-out
  • Stampin' Up foam mounts from - behind tag and Chihuahua
 I am entering my Party Animal card in the following challenges:
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my 1st creation as a Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog Design Team Member. Make sure to check out their challenge and enter your own creation. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Super cute, the embossing looks great! Thanks so much for joining our Terrific Tuesday Challenge over at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable. I love what you did with th sketch and the pup is too cute!! Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little puppy is adorable! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!