I am super thrilled to share with you today my Ancient Evil Mummy Head on the 4th day of Countdown to Halloween. My inspiration came from the challenge over at Haunted Design House - Macabre Monday - Ancient Evil. You are to create a project that is inspired by old, very old evil and I immediately thought of mummies. I personally love mummies and going to Egypt is one of the first things on my bucket list...someday I hope see the pyramids and a real mummy.
So here are couple side views of my Ancient Evil Mummy Head:
I used these items to create my Ancient Evil Mummy Head:
- 1 Styrofoam wig head
- 1 Cotton Bandage Roll 4.5in x 4 yards - cut into 8 x 2 inch strips
- leftover coffee and tea - to color and age the bandage roll
- equal parts water and white craft glue - mixed
It was real simple. All I did was dip the strips into the coffee/tea, wring them out and set them aside. I then dipped each strip into the water/glue mixture and began layering them on the wig head. I purposely left some hanging and torn to give it a more weathered look. I let it dry over night. Lastly I added a necklace that I actually had hanging in my jewelry cabinet. I think she turned out beautiful and is going to make a wonderful addition to my Halloween decorations.
I am entering my Ancient Evil Mummy Head in the following challenges and Linky Parties:
- Haunted Design House - Macabre Monday - Ancient Evil
- Divas by Design Challenge - Spooky Creations
- (Pin)spirational Challenge #125 - Anything
- Decorate to Celebrate Challenge #85 - Anything Goes
- DL ART - October Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
I hope you liked my Ancient Evil Mummy Head and thank you for stopping by.