Saturday, October 4, 2014

Ancient Evil Mummy Head/Countdown to Halloween Day 4


I am super thrilled to share with you today my Ancient Evil Mummy Head on the 4th day of Countdown to Halloween. My inspiration came from the challenge over at Haunted Design House - Macabre Monday - Ancient Evil. You are to create a project that is inspired by old, very old evil  and I immediately thought of mummies. I personally love mummies and going to Egypt is one of the first things on my bucket list...someday I hope see the pyramids and a real mummy.

So here are couple side views of my Ancient Evil Mummy Head:




I used these items to create my Ancient Evil Mummy Head:
  • 1 Styrofoam wig head
  • 1 Cotton Bandage Roll 4.5in x 4 yards - cut into 8 x 2 inch strips
  • leftover coffee and tea - to color and age the bandage roll
  • equal parts water and white craft glue - mixed
It was real simple. All I did was dip the strips into the coffee/tea, wring them out and set them aside. I then dipped each strip into the water/glue mixture and began layering them on the wig head. I purposely left some hanging and torn to give it a more weathered look. I let it dry over night. Lastly I added a necklace that I actually had hanging in my jewelry cabinet. I think she turned out beautiful and is going to make a wonderful addition to my Halloween decorations.


I am entering my Ancient Evil Mummy Head in the following challenges and Linky Parties:

9 comments:

  1. oh super spooky love it. thank you for joining us at anything goes challenges at dtc. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Halloween project!! Thanks so much for participating in our DECORATE TO CELEBRATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant idea thanks for playing at HDH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, oh wow this is spooky but fabulous for Halloween!! TFS and thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome Halloween project, so different :D xx Thank you for joining us over at http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Divas by Design DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So spooky! I really like it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Decorate To Celebrate! DTM, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! this is sooo great! Very creepy! Thanks so much for joining us at HDH. Good to see you playing in the dungeon again, Carol. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super gruesomely COOL!!! Thanks for sharing with DTC #85!!!

    - Katy Taylor (DTC #85)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creative project.

    Thank you for participating in the {PIN}Spirational Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!