I am super excited to bring to you this Spooky Halloween card I made last night when I couldn't sleep at 2:00am. All week long I had been pondering the idea of what I was going to make for the Macabre Monday Challenge HDH #149 - Bare Bones. The challege requires you to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece that uses NO dimensional embellishments. No rhinestones, no pearls, no ribbon, and no chipboard. It doesn't have to be a single layer card, just NO bumpy bits!
I started to go through my stash of stickers and found some awesome Halloween rub-ons that I've had for a couple of years now. I bought them from Michael's during one of their after Halloween clearance sales for just .19 cents. marked down from .99 cents. The BONUS though is I didn't even know this, but they GLOW IN THE DARK!!! Check it out below.
I used these items to create this card:
- Black, lime green and white cardstock
- EZ Rub Ons - skull, arm, tombstomes, moon, and bats
- glow-in-the-dark craft paint - stars (which I painted and hand cut)
- misc. clear Halloween stamps - inside
I am entering this card in the following:
- Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes - open til 9/10
- CardzTV - Happy Holidays - Pick One - open 9/13
- Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Challenge - Halloween - open til 9/13
- DL ART - Thankful Thursday - 1000 Post Linky Party - open til 9/30
- Getting Cricky - Simply Sunday Challenge - Happy Fall Y'all - open til 9/30
Thank you so much for stopping and checking out my R.I.P. Halloween card.