Monday, June 18, 2012

Seashell Box


I created this seashell box for my Mom's 69th Birthday which was this past Friday.  I did a beach theme for her birthday this year.  The seashell box can be used for seashells or a jewerly box.  I choose to make a seashell box not only because of the theme but also because it reminds me of when I was younger.  We spent every summer at Wildwood, New Jersey and many hours on the beach collecting seashells.  I thought a gift like this would also bring back good memories for her too.


I created this seashell box with these items:
  • 8.375 X 5.25 unfinished wooden box from Micheal's and I removed the closing on the front
  • sand patterned paper
  • hot glue
  • jute packing twine
  • misc. shells and a star fish

I included the left over seashells so that maybe in the future my Mom and I will create a project together with them.

I am entering this box in the challenge over at {Pin}spirational Challenge #11
You are to create a project with the picture being your inspiration...the shells of course were my inspiration!

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my Seashell Box.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! PERFECT for this challenge! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge this week! Be sure to become a follower and join us again every week!!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!