Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Have a Ball...Beach Birthday Celebration


Today I bring to you only a part of what I am creating for my Mom's 69th Birthday this coming Friday.  Since I have to work Friday we are celebrating Thursday.  She has no idea that I am making anything, so this will be a complete surprise to her.  I bought the red bucket from Michael's for $1.00.  I made the sign from a cereal box, pattern paper and skewers I already had.  I then just painted the sign with the words, "Have a Ball."


What is in the bucket you ask?  Well, I made sand cake...it is just like dirt cake but I just used golden Oreos instead of regular Oreos.


Here's is the recipe for my Sand Cake:

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg. of Golden Oreo Cookies (regular for Dirt cake)
  • 1 8oz. pkg. of Cream Cheese
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 1 cup of powdered sugar
  • 2 small boxes of French Vanilla Pudding
  • 3 1/2 cups of Milk
  • 12 oz. Cool Whip
  • pkg. of gummy octopus and Swedish fish
Step 1
  • Crush 1 pgk. of Oreo Cookies in a Mini Chopper...set aside
Step 2
  • Heat Cream Cheese in microwave for 15 seconds
  • Soften 1/2 stick of butter
  • Mix cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with 1 cup of powdered sugar...set aside
Step 3
  • Mix both boxes of pudding, all of the milk and all of the Cool Whip with a mixer
  • then mix in Step 2, mixing them together
Step 4
  • Layer in your container cookies, pudding mixture, gummy octopus and fish, continue to repeat layers and top with cookies...deocorate as you desire.
We will be having a surf and turf dinner on Thursday and I will also be making a second cake using my Betty Crocker Bake N' Fill cake pan.  The cake will be decorated like a beach ball.  I couldn't make it ahead of time because it will be decorated with sugar crystals and I'm afraid they will run if I make it before Thursday.

I am entering this over at Decorate to Celebrate Challenge #26 - Beach Party
and at The Paper Variety Challenge - anything but a card or layout (must include paper)

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my Have a Ball project and sand cake!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, YUM!! This looks so delicious!! What a unique, creative, fabulous idea!! LOVE it!! And I am going to try the recipe...thanks for posting it!! And thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Decorate to Celebrate DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever idea! I am so glad you joined us at The Paper Variety for our latest challenge. I am celebrating my blogaversary with a giveaway here http://onescrapatatime-bymumsie.blogspot.com/2012/06/blogaversay-giveaway.html Please check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUMMY!! I just LOVE this adorable idea, Carol!! I totally want to eat some SAND now :) :) :) Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Decorate To Celebrate!!

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!