Monday, June 18, 2012

Have a Ball...Beach Birthday Celebration Part 2

So here it is, the final piece to the Have a Ball...Beach Birthday Celebration.  In addition to the sand cake in the sand bucket I also created a beach ball cake.  I made this cake using my Betty Crocker Bake N' Fill cake pan. 

I used the dome part and bottom cake pans.  I baked as directed a French vanilla cake in the pans.  I filled the inside with a banana pudding with chunks of bananas.  I decorated the cake with white icing and colored sugar crystals.  Finally, I surrounded the ball with brown sugar.  My 2 daughters and my husband all helped with the decorating...it was a great family project and it was a big hit at our celebration.
Mom was still disagreeing with me about her age as we left that night, but was very happy with her celebration.  It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!