Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sympathy card with Dove


My amazing father-in-law passed away yesterday and I made these sympathy cards to give to my husband's family. I only used Inspired Heart Cricut cartridge, Design Studio, the Cuttlebug and the computer to make these cards.

I designed the card base is Design Studio by using the welding feature.  All of the outer pieces were cut at 3 1/2.  I ran the cards through the Cuttlebug using D'vine Swirls embossing folder.  I applied iridescent glitter to only the dove.

Here is the inside:


I found this amazing poem at Frans Candles.  I printed it on cardstock that has a cloud-like look to it.  I then just cut the base over again but at 3 1/4 and cut off the the part for the doves wing.  I inked the edges and adhered to the inside.  Tho top part of the inside of the card is just a stamp I found at Michael's in the Dollar bin. 
Thank you for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Sympathy cards are always the hardest to make and you did a wonderful job. Very elegant! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!