It is so hard to believe that my niece is going to be 21 years old. I remember the day I got the call from my brother telling me she was born. A lot has happened in those 21 years. All I can do is hope and pray that her life is filled with many blessings and she continues to become more of the wonderful woman she already is.
So I created this fun 21st birthday card. I knew immediately that I wanted to use the Wild Card Cricut cartridge simply for the champagne bottle card. I was though very intimidated by this cartridge, manly because I just didn't understand how to figure out the size. I did a little research on pinterest and found great tutorials and then I just jumped right in and this is what I came up with.
I created the look of the champagne exploding by using rhinestones
I gave this piece some dimension with some foam squares
Here I cut and layered 6 pieces of kraft cardstock and 1 piece of cork pattern paper to make this look like a realistic cork.
This is what I did with the inside. I put some repositionable glue on the back of the bottle so when it is closed it will actually stay closed.
I used these items to create my Here's to You! 21st Birthday card:
- Wild Card Cricut cartridge - champagne bottle card cut and all coordinating cuts @ 6 inches
- Designer's Calendar Cricut cartridge - 21
- Glossy Accents - on the bottle
- Stampin' Up rhinestones - to appear as the champagne exploding from the bottle
- Cardztv Stamps - "Good Times" stamp set - on the bottle and the inside
- Foam squares - behind the 21
- DL ART - March Linky - Anything Goes
- Little Scrap Pieces - Show it off Saturday Linky Party - Anything Goes
- Craftin Desert Divas - Craft it up Link it up - Anything Goes