Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Tulip Happy Birthday Pop Up Box Card


This past Sunday was my Mom's birthday and I made this Tulip Happy Birthday Pop Up Box Card for her. I had to get my creative thinking on to make this card.  I knew right away I wanted to have tulips because they are one of my mom's favorite flowers. I also knew I wanted to make a pop up box card because I like that they can serve double duty as a card and decoration. Believe it or not, out of all of the Cricut cartridges I have there was not one single tulip flower I liked so I had to create my own. I looked through images on Google of tulips to get the general shape. I noticed the shape was kind of like an egg so I decided I was going to cut 3 egg shapes and layer them and OMG...it worked! I then needed to find a stem and leaves I liked. I found that some blades of grass would work for that effect. Now I absolutely had to use purple because it is mine and my mom's favorite color. Lastly, it was about getting it all cut out and put together. I am so pleased with the way this card turned out and so was my mom.

I used these items to create my Tulip Happy Birthday Pop Up Box Card:
  • Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge - to create the tulips with the egg shape
  • Create a Critter Cricut cartridge - to create the stem and leaves with the blades of grass
  • white ink - to highlight the tulips
  • purple ink - Happy Birthday and sentiment on back of card
  • My Craft Spot - Inside & Out - Set #2 clear stamp set - for the Happy Birthday and sentiment on back of card 
  • Stampin' Up! 4 rhinestones - on front of card
  • Mart
  • 2 shades of purple cardstock
  • white and green cardstock
  • 2 different pattern papers
  • Martha Stewart corner punch - Deco fan
Here are some close ups of the flowers and the back of the card:



I am entering this card in the following linky parties and challenges:
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my Tulip Happy Birthday Pop Up Box Card.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tulips my fav flower and I just love the look.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion -Randi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely project !! I really love the purple and the tulips are beautiful !! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin'Desert Divas Linky Party !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion! :)

    Petya DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! The tulips are awesome!
    Thank you for joining us and make sure you stop by Craftin Desert Divas tomorrow for the beginning of the June stamp release, it's a fun one!!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!