Sunday, April 20, 2014

Steampunk Junk Hat and Bracelet


Finally, I am getting a chance to get this out. I have been trying to finish this project all week and now I can say it is done. Haunted Design House has a Steampunk Junk challenge going on. To be honest I originally was not going to do this challenge because I am not familiar with Steampunk, but that made it all the more interesting for me to try this challenge.

So I had all of these items on hand and they were just waiting to be made into something:





I used these items to create my Steampunk Junk Hat and Bracelette:

  • large coffee can
  • lid from ice cream bucket
  • outside case to the First Aid waterproof adhesive tape
  • Antique Gold spray paint
  • Brown spray paint
  • white lace (that I stained with coffee and tea)
  • metal keys (Michael's)
  • metal buttons (I had in my stash)
  • paper flower (Michael's)
  • black velvet ribbon
  • metal bits (Michael's)
  • brads

The Bracelet:



The Hat:



 And here is me wearing the hat and bracelet:


I am entering my Steampunk Junk Hat and Bracelet into the following challenge and linky party:
After all that, I really enjoyed this challenge and I can now say I learned what Steampunk is and I have to say, I like it!!! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Steampunk pieces. Lovin the bracelet and the top hat is pretty dapper too. Thanks for joining in the Steampunk Junque Challenge at HDH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! You give new menaing to "junk", Carol! Love that it's all recycled and you look just adorable in it. Fabulous work. thanks for taking the Steampunk plunge with HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea, love how it turned out, secially the bracelet

    thanks for playing at HDH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!