I know not the normal card I usual put out but sometimes I have to explore the darkside of me and Macabre Monday - HDH #115 - Metal Mania Challenge has inspired me yet once again. The challenge requires you to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece that uses, includes, or depicts metal in some way. You can go very literal with metal embellishments or metallic papers. Or you can use the Metal music genre for your muse, or maybe some industrial H.R. Giger type stuff. Plus, this card goes quite well for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #93 - create a masculine project - my hubby already told me he loves it!!!
I chose Metal music, foil, staples, and brads to show off my metal. I was also inspired by one of my all-time favorite Heavy Metal Rockers Ozzy Osbourne and the Bat incident. I know it's hard to see but I tried to make it look like the bats head had been bitten off, but the head it quite small...I hope it reflects well in the photo!
- Design Studio
- Rock Princess Cricut cartridge - for the hand and the "Rock On"
- Wrap It Up Cricut cartridge - for the bat
- black Sharpie marker - for the finger nails (I didn't want the nice manicure look and I thought the marker made it look a little messy - on purpose)
- staples - on the corners
- brads - on the bat
- Red craft paint
- Firefly green Stickles - for the eyes of the bat
- black cardstock
- aluminum foil
- Macabre Monday HDH #115 - Metal Mania
- Fantabulous Cricut - Challenge Me Monday #93 - create a masculine project
- Forever Night Challenges - Freaky Friday #22 - A little strange
Thanks for looking and I hope I didn't gross any of you out too much!