Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Caterpillar card

Good evening everyone!  I am sharing with you today a card I created for my husband's birthday which is next Friday!  I am also entering this card in 3 challenges this week:  Challenge #21 - Birthday Cards at Birthday Sundaes - Challenge Me Monday # 72 at Fantabulous Cricut and My Pinkalicious Blog Hop (August 2011) 

I only used the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge (one of my favs) and created all of the cuts in the Design Studio.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on just the body of the caterpillar to give it a wrinkly effect.  I stickled around the pinwheel and hat.  I attached the pinwheel with a brad and adhered a tinsel type fuzzy ball to the top of the hat.  The heart balloon is puffed up and layered.  I used stamps from My Craft Spot for the the balloon and the inside of the card (see below).  BTW...I LOVE THEIR STAMPS!!!  I attached the the balloon to the caterpillar with some white floss.  On the inside of the card I used a Martha Stewart corner punch.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!


15 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is soooooo cute!!! I adore the caterpillar and the pinwheel! Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out ADORABLE! I love the colors and that pinwheel is so AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carol, you won on my blog! You didn't leave an email address so please email me your mailing address at cely_rohr at hotmail dot com to claim it! :) Congrats!

    And awesome caterpillar, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, this is precious! I love his pom at the top of his hat...fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card!! I love the caterpillar! The pinwheel looks great!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, I love the embossing you added to his body!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinkin' cute! Love it. Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! The little caterpillar is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol, I think this little caterpiller has got to be the cutest I've ever seen!! Love it!

    Raina

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is this little fellow I love all the details you used. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet note.
    Big Blog Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! I just love it! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable! I love the colors and the pretty pinwheel! And the caterpillar is too cute! Awesome card :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute!! I love the hat!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super CUTE!! Love the hat and the pinwheel! Thanks for getting buggy with us at FCCB!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww, your card is adorable. Love all the bling. Thank you for joining us at FCCB!

    Happy Craftin'!
    Jewels
    http://beautifulcrazyscrappylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!