Monday, January 9, 2017

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #292 - Something New

 I AM BACK!!!

It feels so good to be back creating again. I'm also so happy to be back designing again for Fantabulous Cricut.Challenge Blog. So let's get going.


Challenge #292-Something New
Make a project using a new technique, cartridge, embellishment, etc.

This Weeks Sponsor


To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.

Any project that doesn't use a Cricut element will be deleted.

Here is what I have created for this challenge:
 
 
So if you don't know already from my previous blog post, I was unable to create or blog for over a year. During that time I became a caregiver to my elderly mother. She passed away in early November and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. I had very little help but for those who have helped me I thought I'd create a little thank you card to show my appreciation.
 
My inspiration for this card was my Mom's kitchen window and 1 of her cats. She had 5 cats, 3 dogs and 3 fish at the time of her passing and I took them all in. So I now have 11 cats, 6 dogs, 3 fish and a bearded dragon. I feel the image of the black cat gazing out the window into the sky was a reflection of how I, and my mom's beloved pets, feel looking to find her in the heavens.
 
I used these items to create my card:
  • Spring Cottage Cricut cartridge *my Something New* - window cut at 4 1/2
  • A Child's Year Cricut cartridge - cat cut at 2
  • ZooBalloo Cricut cartridge *my Something Old* - clouds cut at 1 3/4
  • Fiskers texture plate (carpet) - texture on the "wall"
  • Cardstock: white, kraft, black, sky blue
  • Card dimensions 6 x 4 1/2
 
 I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my card today. I hope you join in on the fun over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge.
post signature

7 comments:

  1. My sympathy on the loss of your Mother, Carol. This card is perfect for those thank you notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card! I'm sorry to hear about your mother! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, always good to have fond memories of those we love. :) Thanks for sharing your story and your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol your card is BEAUTIFUL! I hadn't thought of Zoobaloo in a long time and it made me chuckle. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. I'm glad you have such good memories of her and glad you are back to creating. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    I just love using old cartridges. You forget all the gems on them. You did a great job mixing and matching. I love your card!

    Thanks for joining us for our Out With the Old, In With the New challenge at Cut it Up, and Happy New Year! Enjoy using your new supplies.

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com


    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom passed away. I'm sure it has been a very difficult time. I'm really glad that you're back on the FCCB team- your work is lovely! I love the card you made and the special story behind it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, my heart goes out to you. Your card is so adorable, I love the scene you created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!