Sunday, August 23, 2015

Cheers!


 
This week my daughters dad had a birthday and I created this shape card for him. I originally wanted to make the beer part of this card a dark beer but I wasn't happy with any of the color choices of cardstock I had. I did have this fabulous Gold cardstock from Recollections, so I went with that. I used a very pale grey cardstock for the mug and a vanilla cardstock for the beer foam.
 


 
I used 2 appropriate clear stamp sentiments inside and of course we all signed it. My youngest daughter just entered Kindergarten and is learning to write her name, I think she did very well.
 



 
The above picture is the back side of the card...I thought it would it a more realistic look. Oh and the other thing I did to the original image was use the flip feature on my Cricut Expression because he's left handed.
 

 
 
Just to give the card a little dimension I used an embossing folder on the beer foam and added adhesive foam mounts to the back.
 
 
I used these items to create my Cheers! card:
  • Everyday Pop-Up cards Cricut cartridge - beer mug and CHEERS!
  • Gold, grey and vanilla cardstock
  • Cardz TV Stamps "Good Times" - Here's to You!
  • My Craft Spot - Inside & Out - Set #2 stamp set - Happy Birthday
  • Cricut embossing folder - Tiny Bubbles - on the beer foam
 
I am entering my Cheers! card in the following challenges:

Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my Cheers! card. I hope you enjoyed it and I look forward to your next visit.

3 comments:

  1. I just love this layered, shaped card! How fun! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shaped card! Thanks for joining us for DTBST at Sassy Studio Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely,thanks for joining us for DTBDT at SSD.

    Julie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!