Saturday, August 16, 2014

Smile, Swing on over to Celebrate Jaidyn's 3rd Birthday Shrek 2 Party 2 page layout




Today I bring to you my Smile, Swing on over to Celebrate Jaidyn's 3rd Birthday Shrek 2 Party 2 page layout. This didn't start out as a 2 page layout but here it is and I think it works.

Page 1 is "Smile" because this page describes the photos I took of Jaidyn for her invitation. I actually did some hidden journaling behind the camera. Basically I made the camera into a shape card...pretty cool I think!




The journaling says, "It was October 30, 2012 and I had to get a good photo of Jaidyn for her 3rd birthday party invitation. So we went out front, with her favorite green shirt on, and I attempted to get a good photo. But Jaidyn would look everywhere but at me. The best one I got is the one in the frame. This is also the one I had put on her invitation. Not the greatest picture but definitely shows Jaidyn's personality." 

I also used an "old school" tool on the wooden frame. I used a texture plate called carpet to make the wooden frame look like tree bark instead of using the easy to use embossing folders.

I used these items to make "Smile" page 1:
  • Shrek napkin and treat bag from the birthday party
  • Pooh and Friends Cricut cartridge (1st time I used this cartridge) - for the frame
  • Dreams Come True Disney Cricut cartridge - slime splat
  • Create a Critter Cricut cartridge - camera
  • Phrases Cricut cartridge (1st time I used this cartridge) - "smile"
  • Brown, green, black and silver cardstock
  • Fiskars texture plate (carpet) (1st time I used this plate)- on the frame
  • Brown ink and marker - on the frame
  • Brads - on the frame
  • Glossy Accents - on the slime splat and camera lens
  • Foam squares - under the slime splat and camera
Page 2 is the Swing on over to Celebrate Jaidyn's 3rd Birthday invitation page , it displays the invitation I had made with one of the photos I took on page 1. One other cool thing I did was I used items from Jaidyn's party to create both pages. I used one of the napkins for the main images and a treat bag with Shrek on it. These were such fun pages to make...I really glad I kept those party items.


I used the items to make the Swing on over to Celebrate Jaidyn's 3rd Birthday Shrek 2 Party page 2:
  • Shrek napkin
  • Christmas Cheer Cricut cartridge - trees
  • 2 different colors of green and teal cardstock
  • Brown ink - on the trees
  • PARTY metal tag 
  • The actual invitation from Jaidyn's party

I am entering my Smile, Swing on over to Celebrate Jaidyn's 3rd Birthday Shrek 2 Party 2 page layout in the following challenges and linky parties:
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my Smile, Swing on over to Celebrate Jaidyn's 3rd Birthday Shrek 2 Party 2 page layout.

13 comments:

  1. What a fantastic layout. It really captures the beautiful birthday girl and the theme of the party. It will bring back great memories for her!

    Thank you for joining us in our Inspired by a Song challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout and a lovely subject! Thanks for playing with us this week here at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... the photos are simply too cute! What a beautiful girl! And her smile is adorable! The double layout is very nice and the journaling in the camera is a great idea.
    Eli (Stuck On U Sketches)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy and Beautiful! Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    ~Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout! What a cutie Jaidyn is! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Back in the Day" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable pictures! What makes this page a great keepsake is the party items that you used to create it! That's a fabulous way to remember the day. Thanks for sharing your work over at Red Carpet Studios!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, such a cute page! Thank you for joining us at Red Carpet Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your layout with us at Sous....great work, Super cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back again, but this time to say thank you for linking up at Stuck on You Sketches Die Cut Ch.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  10. HELLO! Most fun project EVER!
    This is a total blast! So super glad you shared this with us! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow…I came immediately after reading your comment on SOUS! You straight up made my day! Nanne and I work so hard creating sketches and trying so hard to choose a good variation of challenges. Our team puts their all into their projects but more then that, these ladies are all gems. Loving, genuine and creative people.
    Thank you SO much for coming by and taking the time to write something so sweet!

    Warmly, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carol! I love this Shrek theme birthday layout! And you were selected as the random winner of a prize at Red Carpet Studio Challenge Blog! Please contact me at SThom97093@aol.com for information on how to claim your prize! Congratulations, and once again, thanks for playing along with us at RCS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! Thanks a lot for the ideas. I really liked the “smile board”. My daughter would love it! and I must say your daughter is adorable. I have also booked one of the Chicago event venues for her birthday party, she will turn 5 this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!