Monday, September 30, 2013

Send in the Clowns...Happy 1st Birthday Matthew!


Today I am sharing with you a little shape card, cupcakes and smash cake I made for a very special little boy who just turned 1. Matthew turned 1 over the weekend and his mom is a former co-worker of my mom's and is now a good friend of mine. She had asked me to make cupcakes for her son's 1st birthday and I was a little unsure at first but decided it would be fun and took on the challenge. I searched pinterest for ideas and came across these adorable cupcakes decorated like clowns with a pointy hat and some others that had cotton candy for hair. I decided I would combine the two, unfortunately I did not expect to have the issues that came up and I ran out of time, so the cotton candy hair did not happen. This is how they turned out though:


This is the smash cake I made for Matthew.


Here is another look at the card I made too:


I used these items to create my card (all of which were apart of my stash, nothing new):
  • Wrap it Up Cricut cartridge - the shape card
  • red, blue, white cardstock
  • red sparkle rick rack - edge of hat
  • White glitter pom - top of hat
  • blue glitter flock - hair
  • Stickles - eyes
  • Glossy Accents - nose and mouth
I am entering my card in the following challenges:
So that is it for now I hope you liked my little card and baked goods, I enjoyed making them.

3 comments:

  1. Matthew is a very lucky little boy! Your card is adorable as are your cupcakes and smash cake! Nice concept beautifully executed! Thanks for sharing with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! Love the cupcakes and the card too!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love this shaped card and all the sparkly elements! Thanks for playing along at Use it Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Please leave me a comment...I love and appreciate them all!