Haunted Design House Macabre Monday the challenge is to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece that uses a song or song title as your muse. I did some research on the internet and found a song that totally inspired my creation. I can't believe I had never heard this song, Alice Cooper's "He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)." I have always been a HUGE fan of The Friday the 13th films and Jason Voorhees is one of my all-time favorite slasher film killers! That is why I was so surprised I had never heard this song, plus who doesn't love Alice Cooper!!! If you are interested in listening to and watching the video you can check it out HERE on YouTube!
I used these items to create this card:
- the mask image is from the internet
- the machete is from the internet too but I didn't like the way it looked printed so I hand cut out and painted my own and applied a little Glossy Accents to the paint and handles
- the background paper (inside and out) are from DCWV The Immortal Love stack
- Martha Stewart edge punch
- Design Studio
- Happy Hauntings Cricut cartridge - Friday the 13th
- Pooh Font Cricut cartridge - HE'S BACK!
- (inside card) Studio G clear stamp - TREAD LIGHTLY - which I cut out and made to look like a camp sign
- (inside card) white gel pen - for the letters of the sign
Here is a close up of "the mask..." so that you can see some of the blood on the machetes:
- Smudgy Antics Challenge - Creatures of the Night - Jason Voorhees definitely a Creature of the Night - open til 7/21
- Haunted Design House - Macabre Monday - HDH #142 - Music Mayhem - open til 7/22