I am sharing with you today a special card I made for a very dear friend. In July of last year my friend announced that she was pregnant with her 3rd child. I was so excited for her to be pregnant. I wanted to help in any way, so I had asked if she had any ideas of what theme, if any, she was thinking of for the baby. She was going to go with a Pooh theme. Her other children were associated with Piglet and Tigger so Pooh was next. We were sharing pictures back and forth of Pooh bedding...then she chose one and bought it. Then just days after her 10 week check up she sadly miscarried the baby. She has since been dealing with the loss of what she thought was a baby girl.
Since I too know what it is like to loss a baby, one due to a complete placental abruption and another baby to a miscarriage...I also know what it is like when birthdays, due dates, holidays, anniversaries and any other special day associated to that child comes around. As a bereaved parent you don't want others to forget about your baby. So I am taking this opportunity to let me dear friend know that on her baby's due date I am thinking of her.
Here you can see I also made an envelop for the card...both of which are 4 1/4 inches square.
This image of Pooh sleeping on a cloud shows the embossing and stickles I added to the clouds and wings.
The next 2 images show the dimension I added with some foam squares.
I am so pleased with the way this very special card turned out and I know my friend will love it.
I used these items to create my Pooh Angel card:
- ZooBalloo Cricut cartridge - the card, the envelop and the 2 clouds
- Pooh Font Cricut cartridge - Pooh
- Pink Journey Cricut cartridge (1st time I used this cartridge) - the 2 wings
- My Craft Spot clear stamps - Jar Full of Flowers - "thinking of you"
- Silver pen - faux stitching around card
- Stickle - the clouds, and wings
- DL ART - January Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
- BBTB2 - Sympathy Card Challenge
- Cut It Up Challenge - National Braille Literacy Month - Use Embossing on your Project
- Red Carpet Studio Challenge #86 - Two Faces of January - Use items in 2 - I have 2 clouds and 2 wings