I can't tell you how long I have wanted to create this layout. My oldest will be 12 this March and the photo in this layout was taken 11 years ago this month. My baby girl is growing up and I have alot of scrapbook pages waiting to be created but not this one anymore.
I decided to do this layout because right now there seems to be quite a few challenges that are about the outdoors/Winter. So I went searching for this photo...thank God it didn't take all day, I only had to go through about 3 albums to find it. Then the hard part, deciding what papers to use. I used 3 pattern papers all from a DCWV Christmas Stack paper pack (I believe from 2012). Then I had to decide on a title (Baby It's Cold Outside) and that came from the Winter Frolic Cricut cartridge. I also knew that I wanted a very large snowflake and I decided to use the one from Winter Woodland Cricut cartridge because it best resembles the ones on the pattern paper and the ribbon. Then the time came for the journaling. I wanted to keep it simple and to the point. It was Kaitlyn's 1st Snowfall (because we were on vacation from Arizona). I had the date stamped on the photo when it was taken so I knew the date was January 16, 2003. The journaling says, "We took Kaitlyn outside, to the patio of her Grandparent's house in NJ, and a snowflake landed on her cheek and she gasped as she experienced the icy cold crystal." I originally had handwritten the journaling but I didn't like my handwriting so I used the computer and printed it out on cardstock. Lastly, was to just put it all together and add the embellishments, all of which are from my stash (nothing new).
Here are just some close ups:
Check out the chunky glitter on the snowflake
The title is glistening with Stickles
I also added Stickles to the Brrr! and snowflake
I am entering this layout in the following Linky Parties and challenges:
- Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Linky Party
- DL ART - Thankful Thursday - January Linky Party - Anything Goes
- My Craft Spot - Monday Challenge #124 - Polka Dots - mine go around the perimeter of the page
- BBTB2 - Baby Challenge
- Fantabulous Challenge #95 - Mix and Match - use 3 different pattern papers
- Shopping Our Stash - Challenge #136 - Cabin Fever - create a project with an outdoorsy theme
- Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge #150 - Winter Fun
- My Creative Time Challenge - Sketch Challenge - I think I did pretty good following the sketch
I am so happy with the way this layout turned out and I know my daughter will love it as much as I do.