It has been over a month since I created anything, mainly because I was going through radiation for the breast cancer I had. Now that it is over and my everyday isn't being interrupted by having to go to radiation I feel I have the time and the frame of mind to be creative again!
So for my 1st project since being done with radiation I created this card for Halloween. I know, your thinking Halloween in May? Yes, I'm always thinking ahead to the next Halloween. While browsing through some of the blogs I follow I came across Airless Chambers which is another Rick St. Dennis (who has amazing digital stamps) blog. They were offering a FREE Singing Zombie digital stamp, plus a challenge to use that digital stamp in the currant challenge. I jumped on it and started on my creation.
I first started looking at some images of The Walking Dead zombies to determine how I wanted to color my zombie. Then since this is suppose to be a singing zombie I decided to search the Internet for songs about zombies and came across a couple I liked. I decided to use "The Zombie Song" as my muse. Then I just started pulling out things from my stash to finalize my card.
I used these items to create my card:
- Singing Zombie FREE digital stamp
- sponged white, brown and green ink on the zombie
- Sharpie markers - hair, eyes, mouth, exposed body parts and background
- red pen - blood shot part of the eyes
- Glossy Accents - eyes, mouth and exposed body parts
- Design Studio - weld ZOMBIE
- Alphalicious Cricut cartridge - font
- Brain from Creepy Glowbugg which I attached it to a skewer (painted silver) to look like a microphone
- misc. ribbon
- Studio 112 adhesive gems
On the inside I used these items:
- computer generated sentiment
- Martha Stewart Goo edge punch
I am entering this card in the following challenges and linky party:
- Airless Chambers - Singing Zombie
- Haunted Design House #166 - Stephen King - he has written quite a few things about zombies
- DL ART - Thankful Thursday - Linky Party - Anything